Thursday, July 7, 2011

Sterbai Eggs

Today, my two corys started spawning.
Luckily I caught them early enough to save the eggs from becoming tetra lunch.

I scraped the eggs off the glass with a razor. (I also find you can do it with your finger if you have a really light touch and they stick on). It's also best to wait a bit for the eggs to harden.

I put the eggs in a net for the meantime. Since I am moving the fish out of this tank to the new big tank anyways, I will keep the 10 gallon as a fry only tank.

Hopefully they will hatch and survive.
I am currently looking into the best ways to feed and care for them.

The parents
Preparing to stick the eggs on the glass.
Eggs!

*Update: Looks like the eggs didn't hatch. The couple have laid a couple more batches since this first one but none seem to be hatching. Not sure if it is a problem with fertilization. I will have to read up on that a bit more.

No comments:

Post a Comment