Wednesday, July 6, 2011

36 Gallon Bowfront

This last weekend I purchased my first big tank, a 36 gallon bowfront.

There are a few fish that I have really wanted for a while, mainly a pair of Rams which of course wouldn't fit in my little 10 gallon or shrimp tanks.

So I got the tank all set up. I bought a couple pieces of mopani wood. It looks really good but apparently for the first little while it leaches tannins and sap which turns your water red.
At first it freaked me out a bit because I woke up the next morning and the water was all dark and there was this strange white cloudiness around the wood, but after looking it up, that seems to be normal.

The tank. July 3, 2011
Setup with wood and some plants.
Coming along.


I have decided to move the fish from my 10 gallon into the big tank. That frees up my 10 gallon for something else. I am also going to try moving the Celestial Pearl Danios over as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment